Max Bill Automatic Watch with Date
The time of day and date and not a micron of superfluous design. This is the same essential design first launched in 1961 from Junghans under the helm of Bauhaus alum Max Bill. A half century's renown feels immediately warranted when fastening the strap of this clean lined timepiece. Its uncluttered face and slim profile are engineering perfection to house its automatic movement under sapphire crystal, featuring luminescent hour and minute hands and day of the month. This style is also available to purchase in store.
Junghans Ref. Nr. 027/4700.00
- hour, minute, second, date
- polished stainless steel case
- domed sapphire crystal with anti-reflective coating on both sides
- four times screwed back with mineral crystal
- splash resistant
- saddle leather strap with stainless steel buckle
- dial markings, minute and hour hand with luminous "Super Luminova"
- self-winding (automatic) J800.1 movement
- ETA 2824-2
- caliber of case: 38.00 mm
- height of case: 10 mm
- lug to lug: 40 mm
- strap width: 20 mm
- weight with leather strap: 45g
Made in Germany
About the Designer
Founded in 1861 by Erhard Junghans, and his brother-in-law, Jakob Zeller-Tobler, Junghans became one of Europe's biggest watch and clock manufacturers and is still renowned for creating some of the most meticulously made timepieces. Junghans strives to bring together traditional workmanship and state-of-the-art technology in every watch they create.
Max Bill was one of the most unusual artists of our time. Acknowledged as an universal genius, he worked as an architect, painter, sculptor and product designer and has left behind an extensive portfolio of creations. This includes one of the most fascinating watch series ever designed – the clocks and wristwatches he created for Junghans – and which remain practically unchanged today.