Max Bill Quartz Watch with Date
The time and the day and the date and not a micron of superfluous design. This is the same essential design first launched in 1961 from Junghans under the helm of Bauhaus alum Max Bill. A half century's renown feels immediately warranted when fastening the strap of this clean lined timepiece. This combination of artistry and mid-century design features a reliable quartz movement and bright white face in polished steel case with espresso leather band.
Junghans Ref. Nr. 041/4463.44
- hour, minute, second, date
- polished stainless steel case
- convex hard plexiglass crystal with Sicralan coating
- four times screwed back with mineral crystal
- splash resistant
- saddle leather strap with stainless steel buckle
- matte silver plated housing with sunray brush face
- hour and minute hands with luminous "Super Luminova"
- quartz movement J645.33
- ETA 955.112
- caliber of case: 38.00 mm
- height of case: 7.9 mm
- lug to lug: 40 mm
- strap width: 20 mm
- weight with leather strap: 67g
Made in Germany
About the Designer
Founded in 1861 by Erhard Junghans, and his brother-in-law, Jakob Zeller-Tobler, Junghans became one of Europe's biggest watch and clock manufacturers and is still renowned for creating some of the most meticulously made timepieces. Junghans strives to bring together traditional workmanship and state-of-the-art technology in every watch they create.
Max Bill was one of the most unusual artists of our time. Acknowledged as a universal genius, he worked as an architect, painter, sculptor and product designer and has left behind an extensive portfolio of creations. This includes one of the most fascinating watch series ever designed – the clocks and wristwatches he created for Junghans – and which remain practically unchanged today.